Two to three-year-olds enjoy using their senses and exploring their motor functions. They are curious and love to try out the unknown. They are good at imitating the adults’ activities and testing it through “play”. It is in this phase that the children should be given more independence. As parents and grandparents, we can help them build their self-esteem by letting them perform independent tasks.
Use EVOLVE ™ for:
- Teaching your child to wash and dry his hands.
- Let them stand independently by the sink and brush their teeth before you brush the teeth.
- Let them help with the dishes.
- Let them help prepare the food. By involving the children in the daily cooking you will find that they will often be more interested in eating the food.
- Let them help wash and cut fruit and vegetables.
- Or let the child stand and play or just see what the adults are doing at the kitchen table.
- Only imagination sets limits – the children will enjoy their independence.